Thursday, September 20, 2012

{house and home}

today is payday! as much as I want to go spend my entire pay packet on the new arrivals at sass and bide I know what saving can achieve.... today marks the day that we have made it to our half way point for our house deposit. Which, mind you, we have managed to achieve in the short space of 6 months. We are achieving our target sooner than we had expected but not as quickly as we want. I don't mean to brag but it makes you feel good about walking past that dress you wanted just because it was a pretty colour or that fashion ring even though your 10 fingers and toes are already covered in enough rings. The little wins of saving each month add up to the big wins at the end and I realise that now... not after a few tantrums of sitting on my wardrobe floor whinging about the lack of clothing I have in my wardrobe trying to convince myself and NP about the potential payrise I could get just because I look good. Yeah right...
anyway it brings us closer to end of end of lease and what do we plan on doing with our hard saved dollars?
We cannot decide on a subburb let alone if we want to build, renovate or buy perfect. We are not big block style rennovators but i would like to think we could do some minor cosmetic changes. I don't want something new but it does give us a fast, cost effective alternative especially if it's just an investment property.

It also got me thinking about what I want in MY home. Not just details like lots of natural light etc but the one thing i have always wanted is my own studio. My own space to do i wish, decorate how i please and leave as much thread and fabrics cuttings on the ground as i darn wish.
I spotted these small prefab "mini houses" by Swedish Architect Jonas Wagell. It's the perfect add on to any house. just need the back yard space for it.








































Anyway, plenty more thinking and plenty more discussions with NP before i get into these not mini details...

No comments:

Post a Comment